Your Path to Success
Coles is committed to developing and retaining our team members who show the potential to be business leaders, as well as providing our team members with the most effective training possible.
Retail Leaders Program
The Coles Retail Leaders Program is learner-centric, action-based and focused on the core capabilities required to successfully build our business.
The program provides existing Coles team members with:
- An understanding of what it takes to be a successful trader
- An awareness of the complete store environment
- Core knowledge, skills and behaviours required to be successful in leading our business
The program is sponsored by the Operations Director, Stuart Machin, and consists of:
- 70% of learning through experience on the job
- 20% of learning through exposure to ideas and situations (coaching, working in different stores)
- 10% of learning through education (attending workshops)
The program consists of three levels:
Team Member to Department Manager
Department Manager to Senior Manager
Senior Manager to Store Manager
||Store Manager to Regional Manager
To be eligible for the program, you must be a current Coles team member.