We've Been Waiting For YOU...
At Coles, we are passionate about our customers and the service they receive. We are equally passionate about our team members and continuously seek friendly and vibrant personalities to join us in providing enthusastic and welcoming service.
With more than 94,000 happy team members across our Supermarkets, Express Fuel and Liquor outlets, we invite you to apply today and join us!
Experience is great... but your genuine enthusiasm is even better!
Lodging Your Online Application
- Lodge an application either via the 'Search for a Job' function or via our 'Expressions Of Interest' application form.
- Make sure you have a valid email address that you can access regularly. If your email address changes, you can 'edit' this in your account profile rather than creating a new account. Importantly, ensure your email address is unique to you - different applicants can not have the same email address.
- We communicate via email (another reason to keep your email address correct!), so please regularly check that emails from Coles are not filtering into your junk folder (Hotmail, Gmail and Yahoo accounts are common offenders).
- When completing your application form, please answer all questions to ensure your application is valid. Any unanswered questions will render your application as 'Incomplete'.
- You can nominate up to 10 location preferences where you would like to work. The more stores you select increases our ability of finding suitable work for you, however make sure your preferences are within commutable distance.
- Pay particular attention to the criteria listed in the job advertisements. Consider if your level of skills and experience match that of what is required. Can you successfully perform the duties required? Can you meet the availability which is required? The location of the vacancy is of particular importance – is the location suitable and within a reasonable travelling distance for you?
- Ensure your references are up to date and are either professional or academic - your most recent employer is the preferred option. Unfortunately we are unable to accept personal references.
- Once you've completed your application, take a note of your applicant number and make sure that you click 'Submit'. We will send you a confirmation email once we have received your application.
Tips for Success
- Be honest about your availability and indicate the hours you can actually work. If your availability varies due to university or other commitments make sure you note this on the application.
- Coles is a retail business and most stores operate seven days a week. Accordingly, our business and our customers require that our team members can work flexible rosters to cover weekend trade as well as weekday trade. When applying to vacancies, please consider that Monday to Friday positions are a rarity in our stores.
- Make your application stand out! Remembering that we seek enthusiastic and welcoming personalities for our positions, tell us as much as possible in the optional questions and include a resume and a cover letter. Even if your resume is detailed and you feel your application is being repetitive, ensure you answer all questions in the application form.
- Regularly log into your account to check your progress, because it confirms you are still actively looking for a job.
- Always update your application if your circumstances change. This will ensure that you are considered for jobs that suit your current circumstances.
- If you are no longer seeking employment with Coles, please withdraw your application to avoid receiving our employment communications.